Recently a lot of Apple users are complaining about the iPhone 12 Mini Keeps Restarting issue. The iPhone 12 mini would randomly restart, freeze or stop working. And if you are facing a similar issue, then in this article, I will share some of the fixes that you can use to fix the restart problem on your iPhone 12 Mini.
iPhone booting randomly is one of the common problems that we often face while updating to the newest iOS version, connecting to a computer, and other reasons. Even, it could also be a reason that the issue is occurring because of a bad update, malware attack, or other hardware issues.
However, no matter what the issue is, here are a couple of fixes that you can try out.
How To Fix iPhone 12 Mini Keeps Restarting Issue?
Force restart iPhone
One of the first things that you can try out is to force restart your iPhone. This is often known as a hard reset, and it doesn’t delete data from your device. Hence, it is a completely safe method to try out.
To perform a hard reset, you can follow these below steps:
- At first, press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Then press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Finally, press and hold the side button until you get to see the Apple logo. After that, release the buttons, and your iPhone 12 Mini will restart.
Update apps and iOS
A bad update can be the main reason why your iPhone 12 mini keeps restarting. To fix this, you can reinstall the iOS version or keep your phone up to date. Also, it is advised that you update both the apps and iOS versions. And for this, you will need to follow these steps:
Update Apps on iOS:
- At first, launch App Store.
- Then tap on the profile icon from the top screen.
- Now, scroll down to see pending updates and release notes. Also, tap on the update button next to an app to update that specific app. Or you can tap on Update All to update all the apps at once.
- At first, go to settings.
- Then go to general and tap on Software update.
- Now check if there is an update available. If there is an update, do download and install it and see if you are still facing the same issue.
Is your iPhone overheating? If yes, then it could be the main reason why your iPhone 12 mini Keeps Restarting.
Now to fix this issue, you will need to figure out what causes your iPhone to get overheated and when your iPhone gets heated the most?
Like if your device is overheating after heavy use, then it is pretty normal. But if your device is overheating for no solid reasons, then do try to cool it down. Also, check out How to fix iPhone 12 Keeps Restarting error?
Also, if your iPhone gets very hot, then it is a sign of a faulty device, faulty hardware, or software. In such a case, you better contact Apple customer support, and they will help you with further instructions.
Clear the cache data
You can also try clearing cache from your iPhone 12. You should clean cache and other junk files from your device from time to time. As cache buildup uses your iPhone’s internal storage. Even cache buildup can cause a wide range of issues.
You can clear cache for individual apps by going to iPhone storage settings. Or you can look for any cache cleaning app on App Store.
Anyway, here is the default way to clean cache of Safari and other apps:
- At first, launch settings.
- Then scroll down and tap on Safari.
- After that, tap on Clear History and Website Data, tap it once again to confirm.
Find and Remove Faulty Apps
There is also a pretty high chance that a faulty app installed on your device is causing iPhone 12 mini keeps restarting issue. Hence, it is advised that you analyze and remove the faulty apps from your iPhone and see if you are still getting the same issue.
There are quite a lot of third-party applications available out there that lets you scan all your apps and find the faulty ones. Even, you can also take help from the built-in iOS security software for the job.
Factory reset your iPhone and restore
You can also try factory reset and restoring your iPhone through a backup. It is the ultimate solution that you can try out. And it can fix a wide range of issues that you might be facing on your iPhone.
However, the only drawback of this method is that it will delete all the files and apps on your iPhone. So I would recommend that you take a backup of your device beforehand only. So you can prevent any unwanted data loss. Check out How to Hard Reset iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, Mini & Pro Max?
Also, before going to the factory, reset your iPhone 12 mini make sure it has enough power. Or you can plug the charger to ensure a safe reset operation.
Anyway, once you are done taking a backup, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, go to settings.
- Then go to General > Reset.
- Now, tap on Erase all content and settings.
- Then, you will need to enter your passcode.
- After that, tap on erase iPhone option.
- Next, type your Apple ID password, and your iPhone will get reset.
Once your iPhone is completely reset to the default settings. You will need to follow the below steps to restore it:
- After factory reset, you will see a Hello screen on your iPhone.
- From here, follow all the onscreen instructions and get done with the restore process.
So those were a couple of fixes for the iPhone 12 Mini keeps restarting. Now go ahead and try out the methods by yourself. If these methods don’t work for you, then contact Apple customer support or visit Apple Store and help you out with your issue.